The number of unforeseen situations and emergencies per event-manager is just whopping. Regarding the number of necessary and important small things resting in their enormous bags and helping them to bail out of the difficulties and save oceans of precious time they call to mind legendary Mary Poppins.
Necessary and important small things
The best part of experienced managers always has their own set of tools, which save them in the most desperate situations. You can find below a list of the most necessary things, which every event-manager should have at hand. We hope it will help people who are just getting to know the practice of organizing and managing various events to prepare for up-coming important and responsible event. Put the following things into your bag:
- batteries (preferably AA and AAA);
- pocket-size corkscrew, opener, knife. You can buy a set 3 in 1;
- clamp bands for cable;
- decorative candles;
- calculator, seconds counter, or make sure your smartphone has these options;
- a pack of one-use dry and wet wipes;
- extension lead;
- minimal medicine box (it should include bandage, cotton wool, adhesive plaster, aspirin, analgin, no-spa, paracetamol, ibuprofen, spasmalgon or their analogues);
- ground map;
- office accessories (pens, highlighters, pencils, notepad, clips, scissors, stapler with staples, clamp, tape);
- lighter or a box of matches;
- measuring tape;
- multipurpose charge with a set of adapters;
- screwdriver, clippers;
- a pack of color stickers;
- a small pack of glue;
- a bottle of water;
- a few small bags.
It’s recommended to rewrite or print this list and take it along when visiting the nearest supermarket next time. Having the above listed things at hand you could not worry about small problems and pay more time to planning and managing your event.